Makes approximately (3)-30 gram jars (3 oz). Measure all ingredients
- Micronized Titanium Dioxide
- Bismuth Oxychloride (optional)
- Kaolin Clay (optional)
- Zinc Oxide
- Sericite Mica – Mat Finish
- Magnesium Stearate
- Yellow, Red & Brown Iron Oxide Pigments
- Jojoba Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Essential Oil
- Mortar & Pestle or the Magic Bullet™
- Sifter Jars
- measuring spoons,
- cosmetic brushes (large full brush for foundation)
- 8 tsp Micronized Titanium Dioxide
- 3 tsp Bismuth Oxychloride (may substitute Sericite Mica or Kaolin Clay)
- 4 tsp Zinc Oxide-Low Micron
- 1 tsp Magnesium Stearate
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Yellow Iron Oxide
- 1/16 tsp Brown Iron Oxide
- Pinch of Red Iron Oxide
- 1/4 tsp Jojoba Oil
- 5 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 4-8 drops any essential oil (we used Bergamot)
1 tsp. Sericite Mica – Matt Finish
Mix the ingredients from Phase I in your mortar and pestle or Magic Bullet, blending well. Slowly add the ingredients from Phase II to the mix. Stir/blend until homogenous. Last, add the Phase III ingredient if you need more or less to adjust the color tone.
Determining the correct color for you:
Change the tint by adding more of any of the iron oxides. Add more titanium dioxide, zinc oxide or sericite mica if you desire a lighter overall shade. Make note of your additions/changes so that you can duplicate when necessary.
Transfer foundation powder into a 30 gr sifter jar for easy application with a large foundation brush.
We’ve found the Magic Bullet™ to work great and really blend all the colors without leaving any clumps. The Magic Bullet can be purchased at local shops & Walgreen’s Pharmacy.