An all natural, very mild liquid soap for everyday use in your kitchen or bath.
Ingredients: (Makes 2-8 oz bottles)
All ingrdients were measured.
- 2 cups of grated (cured) castile soap
- 1 tablespoon of palm oil
- 1 teaspoon vodka
- 1/2 tablespoon glycerin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon essential oil (or any EO)
- 1/2 teaspoon grapefruit essential oil (or any EO)
- 1/2 teaspoon eucalyptus essential oil (or any EO)
- 2 1/2-3 cups of spring or distilled water
- 2 pump or foaming bottles
Over low heat and in a double-boiler pan, add grated soap, palm oil, glycerin and water. Simmer until all the soap has melted and is liquefied. Add vodka. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding the essential oils, mix well. Let cool completely before pouring into bottle and check the consistency (if too thick, add more spring water and stir).
Using a funnel, slowly pour liquid soap into chosen bottle. Avoid any lumpy soap that may have not melted from going into the funnel. Label and use.
How to make your own castile soap (we do not sell this product ready-made)