What’s this??? Solid Bubble Bath!
How to make it…
- 1 cup of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1/4 cup of sodium laurel sulfoacetate SLSA (powdered foaming agent)
- 1/3 cup (more or less) of glycerin liquid
- a few drops of water-based soap colorant, food color, or FD&C color
- any fragrance or essential oil (we used Juniper Breeze)
- a mold (we used our small loaf mold)
Makes 18 ozs. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the colorant and fragrance a few drops at a time until the desired shade and scent are achieved. Mix in the liquid glycerin a little at a time until the mixture holds together in your hand. Transfer to your mold and press firmly into the mold. Unmold after about a hour and check for firmness. If the mixture crumbles, return it to the bowl and add more glycerin, then remold.
If it holds together when unmolded, cut into chunks or slices and continue to let dry on wax paper. May take overnight or longer to harden. Wrap in cellophane, tissue paper or store in container. Use within a month or two.
To use: Drop into running bath water and enjoy the bubbles!
Find our BUBBLE BAR KIT, with and exclusive recipe (just like Lush’s)….here.