Itching, scratching from bug bites, allergies, rashes, poison ivy, or chicken pox…..? Make an all natural calamine stick to keep with you at all times. Easy to use, keep it in the car or toss it in a suitcase for travel. Itch no more!
- 2 ozs fixed oils (weighed) combination of sweet almond, coconut, sunflower or any oil you like can be used.
- 6 tblsps. calamine powder (measured) recipe for making powder is below.
- 1.5 ozs (weighed) 1-2 ozs of yellow beeswax
- Drops of essential oil of Tea Tree
- Pyrex measuring cup
- 1 oz Jumbo Tube Containers
To make Calamine Powder – weigh 3 ozs of Zinc Oxide with 1/2 tsp. of Red Iron Oxide blend in Magic Bullet or coffee grinder.
Over low heat, melt beeswax then add the fixed oils until warm. Add the calamine powder and whisk in until smooth. Keep it over the heat until the mixture is a smooth consistency. Add a few drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil. Pour immediately into tube containers. Let cool, label. If you are going to use this stick for chicken pox, then reduce the oil amount by half so the finished stick will be a little dryer to allow the pox to dry up.
All ingredients can be purchase from pvsoap.com