- Understand how to use pure natural oils.
- Use Essential Oils diluted with a carrier oil directly on skin.
- Do not ingest essential oils, without first contacting your doctor.
- Keep well out of reach of children.
- Do a patch test if using them on your skin.
- Store in a cool dry place and in amber or blue glass containers.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Avoid use if your going to be in the sun.
- Purchase from a reputable supplier.
Some terms to get familiar with when using Essential Oils – aka: EO’s
absolute – extracted aroma using chemical solvents.
blend – essential oils and carrier oils blended together.
dilution – an addition of another oil that is not an essential oil.
distillation – the method in which oils are extracted.
perfume “notes” – top (fresh), middle (balances), base (longest lasting).
therapeutic grade – 100% pure undiluted oils.
We offer some nice Aromatherapy Books, so give them a look!