Makes 8 ozs (recipe can be multiplied). All ingredients were measured not weighed. Mainly for normal to dry skin
- 1/4 cup of each: Dried rose petals, dried calendula flowers, dried chamomile flowers, and oats (powdered very fine)
- 1/4 cup of additional oat (powdered very fine)
- 1/4 cup of natural liquid soap
- 1/2 cup liquid vegetable glycerin
- 2 tblsps. sweet almond oil
- 1 tsp. fine almond meal (exfoliant)
- 1/2 tsp. grapefruit seed extract (prohibits bacteria)
- 1/4 tsp. vitamin e oil
- 1-2 tsps. kaolin clay (optional for oily skin)
- drops of a blend of one or more: Tea tree, lavender, chamomile or sage essential oils.
Grind all dried flowers and oats separately to a fine powder. A coffee grinder works well. Mix in a bowl with all the liquid ingredients. Add your essential oil
blend until the fragrance is preferable. Spoon in jar/s. Mixture will absorb and thicken overnight and have a cookie dough consistency. Shelf life: 1-2 months.
Mix a small amount of scrub with water and gently massage over forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Avoid eye area. Rinse well and pat dry.
Traveling Wash Bags
- small muslin 3 x 5 bags
- ground oats
- cured shredded soap base
- ground herbs & flowers (rosemary, rose, calendula)
- kaolin clay (for oily skin)
- essential oils of rosemary, rose, lavender or chamomile
Mix any proportions of the above ingredients, except the essential oils, in a bowl and spoon into the muslin bags. These will store until your ready to travel or use them. Once ready, drop several drops of the essential oils into the bag and place the wash bags into a small zip lock bag to prevent leakage. To Use: run the
wash bag under warm water to work up a lather. Wash just your face or your entire body with the bag. Discard after use.