This cold process soap recipe comes from Aude Lemaire in France. All her soap recipes are original with no added preservatives.
Follow the basic cold process instructions for milk soaps mixing the milk and lye as usual (mixture will turn orange), add the oils at a slightly warmer temperature 150°-170° to the milk/lye mixture and at trace, add the other ingredients. She used a cylinder mold – probably PVC pipe, but any mold can be used. This soap has a long shelf life.
Ingredients: (Makes about 2 1/2 lbs of soap)
- 260 G palm oil (9.2 ozs)
- 220 G coconut oil (7.8 ozs)
- 150 G sunflower oil (5.3 ozs)
- 30 G olive oil (1 oz)
- 150 G soybean oil (5.3 ozs)
- 15 G sweet almond oil (.5 oz)
- 190 ml milk (freeze for 2-3 hrs. and crush) (7-8 ozs)
- 104 G Sodium Hydroxide NaOH (4 ozs)
at the trace add:
- 17 G of apricot oil (.6 oz)
- 50 G of shea butter-melted (1.8 ozs)
- 11 G of beeswax -melted (.4 ozs)
- 1 banana (mix and freeze)
- 1 tblsp. with dried milk
- 1 tblsp. fragrance banana
Thank you, Aude Lemaire for your recipe.