Melt & Pour — Travel Tin Recipe
This is a very easy recipe for a great travel or home shaving soap. We poured it directly into an 8 oz tin and it lasts and lasts — our guys love it!!!
Here’s what you need (Makes 4 8oz. tins)
- 2 lbs of Shaving M&P Soap Base
- 4 tblsps Castor oil
- 1 tblsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 liquefied tblsps of Cocoa Butter
- 3 liquefied tblsps of Shea Butter
- 1-2 teaspoons of Bentonite Clay
- Scent= 1 1/2 ozs of your essential oil or blend of essential oils.
- 4 – 8 oz metal tins & labels
Melt all the soap base on low in the microwave. Stir until liquefied. Add the cocoa and shea butters and stir in. Disperse the bentonite clay in the castor & avocado oils so that there are no lumps from the clay. Add to the soap base and stir. Reheat if necessary. Then divide your soap base into different containers if you want to make more then one scent. Add your EO’s, stir well and pour directly into the 8 oz tins. Let cool and label. Give with a nice badger hair shaving brush!