(Makes about 5 oz/(5)-30 gr) — All ingredients were measured not weighed
Phase I (Base Powders)
- 3 Tblsps Micronized Titanium Dioxide
- 1 ½ Tsps Magnesium Stearate
- 1/2 Tsps Bismuth Oxychloride (optional for better slip)
Phase II (Oil & Scent)
- ¼ Tsp Jojoba Oil
- Drops of any essential oil (optional for scent)
Phase III (Color & Finish Look)
- 2+ Tsps of the iron oxide pigment color of your choice (start with small amounts and build to achieve the desired shade)
- 2 ½ Tsps Sericite Mica (pearl or matt or pearl flake)
Mix ingredients from Phase I in a large bowl or mortar. Slowly add the Phase III ingredients and mix (homogenize) with the pestle being sure to blend the color into the white powders. Choose the pearl sericite if you want a shimmer in your shadow, or the matt sericite if you want low luster. A coffee grinder can also be
used, but please reserve it just for cosmetics.
Add the Phase II ingredients and mix lightly with a spoon taking care not to crush the mica powders. Put into a sifter jar or container and apply with a small brush.
Determining the correct color for you:
Change the tint by adding more of any of the iron oxides. Add more titanium dioxide, or sericite mica if you desire a lighter overall shade. Make note of your additions/changes so that you can duplicate when necessary.
Transfer eye shadow into sifter jars for easy application.
We’ve found the Magic Bullet™ to work great and really blend all the colors without leaving any clumps. The Magic Bullet can be purchased at local shops & Walgreen’s Pharmacy.