Just another in our series of wonderful body scrubs. Dead Sea Salt contains ten times more minerals than regular sea salt. These minerals assist in cleansing, detoxifying and restoring a healthy body, especially the skin and muscles. The carrier oil, Fractionated Coconut oil, will absorb well into the skin without leaving a heavy feel. It is one of the best carrier oils for scrubs and massage.
Ingredients: (for a 20oz scrub)
- 18 ozs Dead Sea Salt or Fine Sea Salt or a combination of both
- 1/4 cup of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 1/8 cup Vegetable Glycerin Liquid
- 1 tablespoon Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (omit if you don’t want it to foam)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley Water fragrance
- 1 teaspoon Tocopherols (Vitamin E Oil)
- sprinkling of dried parsley flakes
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add the fragrance (more or less as desired). If adding a colorant such as a mica powder or iron oxide, start with a very tiny amount (less than a pinch) until the correct shade is achieved. Spoon into decorative jars or our wonderful plastic Bail & Wire jars. As with any scrub recipe, let it sit overnight and the oils will rise to the top. Stir when ready to use. Add more oils if necessary or if your scrub becomes dry after several months. With proper storage – shelf life 1 year. Caution: tub or shower may get slippery from the oils. Avoid contaminating unused portion with water, use a clean dry scoop.