Tis’ the season for this sensory scrub. A feast for the nose as well as the eyes.
for a 20 oz scrub:
- 18 ozs Dead Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup of either Sweet Almond, Macadamia Nut, or Apricot Kernel Oil (or a combination of all)
- 1/8 cup of Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/8 cup Vegetable Glycerin Liquid
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel (available at drugstore)
- 1 teaspoon Tocopherals (Vitamin E Oil)
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate fragrance
- dash/or less Red Iron Oxide (optional for color)
- sprinkling of poppy seeds (optional exfoliant)
Just another in our series of wonderful body scrubs. This time we used dead sea salt from Israel. Dead Sea Salt contains ten times more minerals than regular sea salt. These minerals assist in cleansing, detoxifying and restoring a healthy body, especially the skin and muscles. The carrier oils including the virgin coconut oil all absorb well into the skin without leaving a heavy feel. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Add the fragrance (more or less as desired). When adding the colorant, start with a very tiny amount (less than a pinch) of red iron oxide until the correct shade is achieved. Spoon into decorative jars or our wonderful plastic Bail & Wire jars. As with any scrub recipe, let it sit overnight and the oils will rise to the top. Stir when ready to use. Add more oils if necessary or if your scrub becomes dry after several months. With proper storage – shelf life 1 year. Caution: tub or shower may get slippery from the oils.