Make/use this salve to soothe itching caused by insect bites and rashes, and to aid healing of minor skin irritations. Neem oil, known for reducing pain and swelling also aids in drawing out the venom. Wonderful essential oils have natural antiseptic properties and reduce swelling.
Ingredients: (Makes 6-7 ozs.)
- 4 ounces Olive Butter (weighed)
- 2 ounces Neem Seed Oil (weighed)
- 1/2 ounce Beeswax (weighed)
- 1 ounce Lanolin or Petroleum Jelly (weighed)
- 1/2 ounce Lavender Essential Oil
- 1/2 ounce Eucalyptus Essential Oil
In a small pan, over very low heat, melt the olive butter, beeswax, lanolin/petroleum jelly, and add the neem oil once liquefied. Remove from heat, let set for 2 minutes. Add essential oils, stirring as you incorporate them.
Pour into clean glass jars or tins. For longer shelf life, store in the refrigerator.